Pico Editor for FreeBSD5.3

Peter Risdon peter at circlesquared.com
Thu May 5 12:28:09 PDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-05-05 at 11:57 -0700, Dixit, Viraj wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> Let me ask you a question, since the last time you gave me an answer that was to the point. Is there a version of Pico editor for Free BSD 5.3, I have tried installing pine 4.63 the latest, I get this error, "Problems building c-client ". Any ideas will be appreciated. Thanks,
> VJ

Hi,

I don't have any experience of using it myself, but it seems to be in
the ports:

peter at lorna$ uname -a
FreeBSD lorna.circlesquared.com 5.3-STABLE FreeBSD 5.3-STABLE #0: Tue
Jan 11 10:19:41 GMT 2005
peter at lorna.circlesquared.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/LORNA  i386

peter at lorna$ less /usr/ports/editors/pico/pkg-descr
PICO is a very simple and easy-to-use text editor offering paragraph
justification, cut/paste, and a spelling checker.

WWW: http://www.washington.edu/pine/
/usr/ports/editors/pico/pkg-descr (END)

Peter.