Ignorance and file suffixes

Jonathan Chen jonc at chen.org.nz
Mon May 2 13:03:15 PDT 2005

On Mon, May 02, 2005 at 10:53:57AM -0700, vizion at ixpres.com wrote:

[...]
> Here are my entries in the supfile:
> *default host=cvsup7.freebsd.org
> *default base=/var/db
> *default prefix=/usr
> *default release=cvs delete use-rel-suffix
> src-all
> ports-all
> doc-all
> www
> cvsroot-all

This setup will get you not only an up-to-date ports tree, but also
the -CURRENT system sources which I suspect you don't want. What you
should do is to take the supfiles in /usr/share/examples/cvsup and
tweak it (all you need to do is to change the `host' specification).

Cheers.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc at chen.org.nz>