Ignorance and file suffixes

vizion at ixpres.com vizion at ixpres.com
Mon May 2 16:26:02 PDT 2005

> On Mon, May 02, 2005 at 10:53:57AM -0700, vizion at ixpres.com wrote:
>>

> [...]
>> Here are my entries in the supfile:
>> *default host=cvsup7.freebsd.org
>> *default base=/var/db
>> *default prefix=/usr
>> *default release=cvs delete use-rel-suffix
>> src-all
>> ports-all
>> doc-all
>> www
>> cvsroot-all
>>

> This setup will get you not only an up-to-date ports tree, but also
> the -CURRENT system sources which I suspect you don't want. What you
> should do is to take the supfiles in /usr/share/examples/cvsup and
> tweak it (all you need to do is to change the `host' specification).

Thanks done that.
I hope that will solve my inconsistencies with X when I have finished
cvsuping  (sounds like eating while making a job application) <GRINZ>

BTW I got a fail on the .sh file for installing X asking for extract.exe
-- I did not find the sources for that -- I am wondering if it goes by
some other name.

David

David Southwell              Ham call sign M0TAU

                                                            40 yrs ocean
and computing
experience.
English Owner & Captain of British Registered 60' bluewater Ketch S/V
Taurus. Currently in San Diego, CA. sailing May bound for Europe via
Panama Canal.