Just installed FreeBSD

v.demartino2 at virgilio.it v.demartino2 at virgilio.it
Mon Mar 7 07:57:37 PST 2005

:-- Messaggio originale --
:From: "Ramiro Aceves" <ea1abz at wanadoo.es>
:To: "Jerry McAllister" <jerrymc at clunix.cl.msu.edu>
:Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 16:46:22 +0100
:Cc: Katsuki Hirata <khbizniz at yahoo.com>
:Cc: freebsd-questions-en <freebsd-questions at freebsd.org>
:Subject: Re: Just installed FreeBSD
:
:FreeBSD and even Debian GNU/Linux are for people that love computing and
:believe in free OSes, people who like to know a bit more about how a
:computer works,  not  for people that want a free Winbugs.

I would add the BSD-like linux gentoo to the list, perhaps before debian:
it has a complete repository of packages and above all, what I found more
appealing with respect to debian, a wonderful managemente of ports allowing
you to compile your own system from scratch just like the ports of FreeBSD.

Ciao
Vittorio