HTML Mail from Command Line

Mick Walker mwalker at codegurus.org
Wed Jun 22 08:38:36 GMT 2005

Hi All,

How can I send HTML mail from the command line with freeBSD.

The command:
cat design.HTML | mail -s "System Statistics" root

Simply emails the HTML file as a text file, where the HTML code is
clearly visible. What I want the to make the client see the content as
HTML, and act accordingly.

As I recall, when I have used other variants of *nix, the mail binary
comes with a -a flag to specify the content type, this does not appear
to be true with FreeBSD.

Does anyone know how I can achieve this?

--
Mick Walker
Website: http://www.codegurus.org

Random Quote:
"Kirk to Enterprise -- beam down yeoman Rand and a six-pack."