Pgsql periodic script? running vacuumdb?

Lane lane at joeandlane.com
Thu Jun 9 14:44:44 GMT 2005

Hello,

I recently installed postgresql 8.0 on FreeBSD 5.4 and I've noticed the
following message in the "daily run output":

vacuuming...
Password:
vacuumdb: could not connect to database template1: fe_sendauth: no password
supplied

Errors were reported during vacuum.

I know how to fix the promblem (i.e. ~/.pgpass) but what I don't understand
is who or what is invoking vacuumdb.

The message appears in the output generated from the scripts
at /etc/periodic/daily but there is no reference to vacuumdb in any of
those scripts.

Who's doing this?

Thanks,

Lane

Whoops!  that's pgsql, not mgsql ... don't even know what mgsql is!