(fwd) sshd events

Eugene M. Minkovskii emin at mccme.ru
Thu Jun 9 13:11:45 GMT 2005

Hello.

I need fixing in mysql database sshd events: some user try to
loggin in from ip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx and use account xxx. But my
/var/log/auth.log has not nessesary information (for example: if
I put some users into AllowGroups, in logs I can read something
like this: "User xxx not allowed because none of user's groups
are listed in AllowGroups", and I can't see from what IP I got
this request.)

Moreover, I think parsing auth.log is not beautelul idea. Can
sshd do some actions after he allow or deny connection? Can he
run some script with some arguments?

--
Sensory  yours, Eugene  Minkovskii
Сенсорно ваш,   Евгений Миньковский