WINE on FreeBSD

William Bloom wbloom at eldocomp.com
Mon Jun 6 21:29:44 GMT 2005

After having installed wine on FreeBSD and used it successfully for some
applications, I've found that it would be useful to run an application that
needs a network connection to elsewhere on the network.  It is not apparent to
me how I would go about configuring TCP/IP in wine, and I've not found anything
at winehq.com that explains this.  I've tried adding entries to system.reg for
TCP/IP but these are ineffective.  Yet I read postings elsewhere from people who
have done this successfully on Linux, and even a few postings from people who
have done successfully with FreeBSD in the past (although the technique for
doing so was unmentioned).

Can someone suggest a resource/how-to that would educate me on how to do this
for FreeBSD?

For reference, any attempt to use ipconfig gets these messages...

fixme:win:GetProcessWindowStation (void): stub
fixme:user:GetUserObjectInformationW (0x1 2 0x0 0 0x33fbd4),stub!
fixme:win:GetThreadDesktop (9): stub
fixme:user:GetUserObjectInformationW (0x1 2 0x0 0 0x33fbd8),stub!
fixme:user:GetUserObjectInformationW (0x1 2 0x159c38 0 0x33fbd4),stub!
fixme:user:GetUserObjectInformationW (0x1 2 0x159c38 0 0x33fbd8),stub!
fixme:ntdll:NtQueryVolumeInformationFile device info not properly supported on
this platform
err:module:find_forwarded_export function not found for forward
'AdvApi32.WmiNotificationRegistrationW' used by
L"C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\WMI.dll". If you are using builtin L"WMI.dll", try
using the native one instead.

...and any attempt to ping gets a wine debugger after the following messages...

fixme:seh:EXC_RtlRaiseException call (from 0x1001949) to unimplemented function
KERNEL32.dll.SetThreadUILanguage
wine: Unhandled exception (thread 000b), starting debugger...

I did take the suggestion mentioned above from the error message (I specified
'builtin' for WMI.dll), but this had no effect.  My wine version is 20050419.

Bill
--
William Bloom <wbloom at eldocomp.com> (602) 604-3100
Eldorado Computing, Inc.  5353 North 16th Street, Suite 400

-- CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE --

Information transmitted by this e-mail is proprietary to MphasiS and/or its Customers and is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient or it appears that this mail has been forwarded to you without proper authority, you are notified that any use or dissemination of this information in any manner is strictly prohibited. In such cases, please notify us immediately at mailmaster at mphasis.com and delete this mail from your records.