pkgdb problem

Vizion vizion at vizion.occoxmail.com
Tue Jun 7 01:23:41 GMT 2005

On Monday 06 June 2005 17:30,  the author Vizion contributed to the dialogue
on-
 Re: pkgdb problem:

>On Monday 06 June 2005 15:32,  the author Kris Kennaway contributed to the
>dialogue on-
>
> Re: pkgdb problem:
>>On Mon, Jun 06, 2005 at 02:14:16PM -0700, Vizion wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I managed  to get my pkgdb entirely screwed up - and there is now no
>>> database.
>>>
>>> I tried pkgdb -fu
>>> And was told there were 0 pkgs!
>>>
>>> How do I rebuild from scratch?
>>
>>If you accidentally delete your /var/db/pkg directory then the only
>>way to recover it is to restore from backup.
>
>Ooooooooooooooh dear
>are there no recovery scripts - I lost my var partition - and the back up
> was overwritten by a blank db!!
>I have a file listing of all the packages installed on the system - an
> output from pkg_info.
>Do you happen to know if there is any way I can at least get that into the
>pkgdb?
The file listing is up to date!
Could it be used to pull the rest of the data from elsewhere or am I clutching
at straws <chuckles> :-(
David

 Currently in San Diego, CA. Sailing May/June bound for Europe via Panama
Canal.