link in handbook appears to be broken

Steven Friedrich FreeBSD at InsightBB.com
Sun Jun 5 15:20:00 GMT 2005

On Saturday 04 June 2005 01:04 am, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:
> Hi Steven
>
>   Please don't waste time with this.  development of burncd is pretty
> much
> dead.  Even the CD's on the list that it supported (of which I have one)
> often didn't work right.  And all of them are old, no longer in
> production.
> burncd is there so if you have a burner sitting around you can plug
> it in and see if it works.
>
>   These days most people use the ATAPI/CAM driver with IDE burners, see:
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/creating-cds.ht
> ml#ATAPICAM
>
> Ted

Ok, but I'm getting nearly the same error with cdrecord.

cdrecord -blank=all -eject dev=toshiba seemed to work ok.
cdrecord dev=toshiba cd1.iso didn't complain
but then mount /cdrom produced
acd0: READ_BIG - MEDIUM ERROR asc=0x15 ascq=0x00 error=0x00

Man pages for burncd and cdrecord don't mention error codes.  I looked briefly
in the source and didn't see a header file referenced with the codes.

I'm using Memorex CD-RW media in a Toshiba DVD-RW drive and this combo works
under WinXP with Roxio, so I know the drive and media work.

Can someone tell me where to find the meanings of these codes?