Download ports from another machine

Lowell Gilbert freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org
Sun Jul 24 16:46:10 GMT 2005

Don't top-post, please.

Emil Khatib <fenomenoxp2 at gmail.com> writes:

> Well, I just had an idea, as make fetch-recursive-list is unusable in
> windows (unless I make a script or program to read it or I download
> manually each of the packages), I would like to be able to boot a
> FreeBSD system installed on removable media. I have a removable HD but
> I can't boot from it... Is there anyway I could boot the system from a
> floppy using a partition in the removable drive as root?

Yes, that should be no problem; just break to the loader(8) prompt and
tell it what to use for the root and kernel.

But I really don't understand the problem; you should be able to take
the *output* of fetch-recursive-list to another system quite easily.
Use a floppy to hold the text, if you want...