Download ports from another machine

Emil Khatib fenomenoxp2 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 19:00:46 GMT 2005

On 24 Jul 2005 12:46:08 -0400, Lowell Gilbert
<freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org> wrote:
> Don't top-post, please.
>
> Emil Khatib <fenomenoxp2 at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Well, I just had an idea, as make fetch-recursive-list is unusable in
> > windows (unless I make a script or program to read it or I download
> > manually each of the packages), I would like to be able to boot a
> > FreeBSD system installed on removable media. I have a removable HD but
> > I can't boot from it... Is there anyway I could boot the system from a
> > floppy using a partition in the removable drive as root?
>
> Yes, that should be no problem; just break to the loader(8) prompt and
> tell it what to use for the root and kernel.
>
> But I really don't understand the problem; you should be able to take
> the *output* of fetch-recursive-list to another system quite easily.
> Use a floppy to hold the text, if you want...

well the problem is that what I want is an automated download (I mean,
I don't want to download packages one by one). As far as I've seen the
output of fetch-recursive-list gives me no possibility to do an
automatic download. Anyway I'll tro out the loader prompt. Thanks for
you help!