OT: Helpdesk/Call tracking software

Justin R. Pessa jpessa at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 03:25:12 GMT 2005

On Wednesday 20 July 2005 06:11 pm, Cezar Fistik wrote:
> Dear group,
>
> Sorry for OT, but I'm sure someone in this group can help me. I'm
> looking for an open source helpdesk/call tracking application for use
> in an ISP customer support dept. We need something that will allow us
> to register all incomming calls, to assign tasks to different
> admnis/engineers according to customer's problem, to be able to see
> the status of each opened issue and so on. Nothing unusual.

A product I implemented for a company is called osTicket. It's completely open
sourced and uses MySQL. I'm not sure if it's designed to track phone calls bu
I don't see why not... but it's primary focus is as a web based ticket
system. See http://www.osticket.com for more details.

> I made a search and found a number of such applications, but there are
> so many...it wouldn't be possible to test all of them. So please just
> tell me what you are using and how would you rate it.

There's a lot of crap out there -- make sure you find something that's secure
and _actively_ supported but it's developers.

> Thank you very much.

Best of luck,

- Justin