Nothing works

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Wed Jul 6 05:16:22 GMT 2005

On Tue, Jul 05, 2005 at 07:56:23PM -0700, Timothy McLouth wrote:

> I also bought a book for $47 which is useless, the title is
> misleading..."The design and implementation of FreeBSD" is of no use
> unless you want to know what the processor is doing from start to
> end....

No, the title describes the contents exactly: it describes how the
FreeBSD operating system is designed and implemented at the most basic
level.  This is not a book from which to learn FreeBSD, it is a book
for developers who want to learn how to understand, modify and extend
the operating system.

Kris