Nothing works

Nick Larsen larsen.nick at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 03:28:08 GMT 2005

Hi,

I'm guessing you have the whole installation cd (not just the
boot-only), so it sounds like you have told it to get the ports you
want via FTP, rather than the CD.

If you run /sbin/sysinstall and go to customize -> packages, then
select CD/DVD. If the ports you want are not there, then exit
sysinstall, make sure you have an internet connection (ping google.com
or something) then run sysinstall again. Again go to customize ->
packages, then select FTP. I usually use the main site, but if you
cannot connect to it, try one close to where you live. This will give
you all the ports on that server.

Hope this help you a bit =)

Regards,

Nick (http://datanet.co.nz)