I need a cuppa...

John john at starfire.mn.org
Sat Jan 29 17:23:04 PST 2005

On Sat, Jan 29, 2005 at 09:25:08AM -0700, Pat Maddox wrote:
> I don't think I ever saw that message you got, but I remember that it
> did download a ton of Xorg stuff because there was a motif dependency
> or something.  As far as linux goes...you need to have linux emulation
> enabled, because you use a linux JDK to build the native one.  So make
> sure you've got linux emulation working, install the linux-sun jdk,
> and then build the native JDK.  It's all detailed in that link I gave
> you.

Erph.

I pretty much followed the instructions in that link, but 5.3-RELEASE
was a little behind the release levels it was using, and now that
I've run cvsup to 5.3-STABLE - I'm a little ahead.

It was really nice to have the instructions step-by-step like that!
I'd already done most of it, by trial and error, but it was nice
to have the validation.

Now I get this:
===>   Returning to build of popt-1.7
===>   popt-1.7 depends on shared library: intl - found
===>  Configuring for popt-1.7
popt-1.7: requires at least gettext 0.13, please upgrade your installed version.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/popt.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/archivers/rpm.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/emulators/linux_base-8.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/java/linux-sun-jdk14.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/java/jdk14.
dauntless#

I looked around, and gettext 0.13 is still in development for ports
for FreeBSD - so it looks like I've got myself into a dependency.

I figure that I'll just wait a few days, and try the cvsup again,
and see if I've gotten lucky.

If anyone has a better, more active suggestion, I'm all for it.  Being
passive is OK, but it's not my cup of tea...
--

John Lind
john at starfire.MN.ORG