let me just throw this out there..

SigmaX scottclansman at cwazy.co.uk
Mon Jan 24 20:51:49 PST 2005

Oliver Leitner wrote:

>sounds like either powersurgery or you hit the wrong button to me...
>also, are you the only one with root or power access to it?
>
>maybe some coworker stepped over the cable, or some other one thought he
>could work with a bsd, and just did the shutdown -r now...
>
>in case you might wanna check all the logs, also the ones including
>informations on who connected to that box.
>
>Also, its only a thought, but how much space is left on that system, do a
>df -h and have a closer look...
>
>Greetings
>Oliver Leitner
>Technical Staff
>http://www.shells.at
>
>On Monday 24 January 2005 22:02, gabriel wrote:
>

>>Has it ever happened to anyone here where your computer (in this case,
>>my gateway running ipfw+natd) just restarts out of nowhere. It isnt
>>even a crash, it just restarted. Then when the computer came back up
>>nothing was running, dhcpd, natd, cupsd everything was just not
>>running. Weird.

Used to happent o me all the time w/ Windows 2000.  That's the reason I
switched to FreeBSD ;-) (e pluribus unim).
     Cheerio,
        SigmaX

--
Registered Linux Freak #: 366,862

"My ISP won't talk to me after lodging a support call for helping gettting ADSL hooked up to a WinXP install running under VMWare under Linux on my XBox."
	'Anonymous Coward,' in a post on slashdot.org

"For the eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully commited to him."
	2 Chronicles 16:9a