/var is lack of space!!

Olivier Nicole on at cs.ait.ac.th
Mon Jan 24 20:01:10 PST 2005

> > >  Thanks all of you,with your instruction,i found that it's
> > >  /var/spool/clientmqueue use almost all of my disk space!!And i
> > >  delete this directory,every thing is ok!
> > >
> > >  But which program produce those rubish?and how can i stop that
> > >  program?
> >
> > 	That would be "sendmail".
>
> Hmmmmmm.  That directory contains only files which represent e-mail
> messages in flight.

You could check the files that name start with a 'q' somewhere toward
rge top of the file it will tell you why that specific email is on
hold. [the file which corresponding name starts with a 'd' is the body
of the message].

Then use your judgement to decide what message you could delete (both
'd' and 'q' files).

You can also try /usr/sbin/sendmail -q to expunge the queue.

Olivier