KDE issues after recent portupgrade

Trey Sizemore trey at fastmail.fm
Sat Jan 22 17:27:24 PST 2005

>From the /usr/ports/UPDATING entry:

20040313:
  AFFECTS: users of textproc/expat2
  AUTHOR: marcus at FreeBSD.org

  Users of expat2 (and its many dependencies) should do the following to
  properly update expat2 and all of its dependencies:

  portupgrade -rf textproc/expat2

I did the mentioned portupgrade above and a *lot* of packages were
reinstalled, among those KDE.  I'm not sure in retrospect that I needed
to do this as I only installed FreeBSD on this box a couple of months
ago.  Anyway, since the upgrade Konqueror crashes when started in a
directory (core dumps) as a file browser, KDE notifications no longer
work (although sound from Gnome apps *do* work -> I have
gnome-session-daemon start when I log into KDE) and k3b won't start any
longer for starters.

What would be the best way to try an rectify this?  Reinstall kde from
scratch with a 'portupgrade -rf /usr/ports/X11/kde3' or something else
entirely?

All the aforementioned apps were working prior to the portupgrade
command mentioned in UPDATING.

--
Cheers,
Trey

Thieves respect property;
they merely wish the property to become their property
that they may more perfectly respect it.
-- G.K. Chesterton, "The Man Who Was Thursday"

8:22PM up 13 mins, 0 users, load averages: 0.12, 0.11, 0.08
FreeBSD salamander.thesizemores.net 5.3-STABLE i386