M$ mouse working?

Subhro subhro.kar at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 10:38:25 PST 2005

Hello folks,

I have managed to get hold of a New Microsoft Optical Desktop. I have been
trying to use its USB interface with Xorg but without any success (This box
is running 5.3-Stable, amd64). During boot I can see that both the mouse and
the keyboard are detected once and then detached. Again later it had been
detected as "Microsoft Optical Desktop". Fair enough. But unfortunately the
mouse does not work in console or in Xorg. Moused runs with an argument of
-p /dev/ums0 from rc.conf. The keyboard works fine though, or should I call
it apparently fine (??). While booting I also get a couple of "Device Busy"
messages from kbdcontrol and moused.

Also I have noticed that although my rc.conf says cursor="destructive", the
cursor still appears as a blinking block block and not an "under_score".

Anyone can help me out in getting there devices work correctly?

Regards,
S.

Indian Institute of Information Technology
Subhro Sankha Kar
Block AQ-13/1, Sector V
Salt Lake City
PIN 700091