openoffice on 5.3-RELEASE

Duane Winner dwinner-lists at att.net
Fri Jan 7 09:08:29 PST 2005

Thanks! I was able to find OOo_1.1.3_FreeBSD53Intel_install.tbz and get
that installed and working.
I still had the bad user interface fonts, but I found that to be a
problem with my xorg config, and I (mostly) fixed it. I sitll have some
minor 'ticks' snuggled inside my r's, n's, e's and g characters, but not
nearly as bad as before. I just started using Xorg over Xfree86 this
week, and apparantly, font handling, or at least the ports are a little
different.

Just a couple more questions:
If I keep my ports tree cvsup'd every day, I'm going to have:
openoffice-1.1.3         < needs updating (port has 1.1.3_1)

We generally do a "portupgrade -a" to upgrade ports unless
/usr/ports/UPDATING affects us. How can I get around the openoffice
discrepency since a portupgrade -a will always try build it again and
end up failing?

Also, what are the folks up on ootranslation.services doing to get this
package built that can't be done with the source for 1.1.3_1 on 5.3, why
can't this port on 5.3, and if it is failing, shouldn't it be marked as
'broken' on 5.3?

Thanks for any info.
Cheers,
DW