openoffice on 5.3-RELEASE

albi albi at scii.nl
Fri Jan 7 09:56:07 PST 2005

Duane Winner wrote:

> Thanks! I was able to find OOo_1.1.3_FreeBSD53Intel_install.tbz and get
> that installed and working.

nice

> I still had the bad user interface fonts, but I found that to be a
> problem with my xorg config, and I (mostly) fixed it. I sitll have some
> minor 'ticks' snuggled inside my r's, n's, e's and g characters, but not
> nearly as bad as before. I just started using Xorg over Xfree86 this
> week, and apparantly, font handling, or at least the ports are a little
> different.

i'm using 5.3 on the desktop (daily), and i have no problems with it at
all, but then again i've installed this from a 5.3 RELEASE cdrom,
and that has xorg as default

perhaps you have to reinstall (portupgrade -rf) a few fonts ?

> Just a couple more questions:
> If I keep my ports tree cvsup'd every day, I'm going to have:
> openoffice-1.1.3         < needs updating (port has 1.1.3_1)
>
> We generally do a "portupgrade -a" to upgrade ports unless
> /usr/ports/UPDATING affects us. How can I get around the openoffice
> discrepency since a portupgrade -a will always try build it again and
> end up failing?

a dirty solution is to press ctrl-c when OOo tries to build, i know from
experience that portupgrade simply continues with the rest without any
complaints :)

but i assume in the Makefile (in the OOo-portsdir) one can put an IGNORE
somewhere