clearing space

Peter Risdon peter at circlesquared.com
Fri Jan 7 08:32:50 PST 2005

On Fri, 2005-01-07 at 10:41 -0500, Marty Landman wrote:
> At 10:15 AM 1/7/2005, Peter Risdon wrote:
>
> >Boot into single user mode.

Scratch that.

> This has become a problem. Took a working keyboard from another box and it
> won't work. Unless by some weird chance I should reboot first.

This happens, but don't just reboot.

> Have one idea. Samba is set up and I can access from my windows
> workstation. If I change

That won't work.

No - you ought to be able to su to root still. I checked this before the
original answer because, although I wasn't recommending your directory
moves, just telling you how to avoid linking individual binaries and
files by doing the whole directory, I didn't even want to do that if I
thought it would cause a prob like this.

If you can boot onto a FreeBSD CDROM it'd be easy to fix this. Can you?

Peter.