rtc wants more hz!

jason henson jason at ec.rr.com
Tue Jan 4 18:45:59 PST 2005

On 01/04/05 15:03:54, Lowell Gilbert wrote:
> jason henson <jason at ec.rr.com> writes:
>
> > I found this old thread on it:
> >
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2004-April/026160.html
> >
> > If I raise the hz option in my kernel config will it adversely
> affect
> > anything else like network performance?
>
> That depends on a lot of things, including your hardware and your
> typical workload.  It could well *improve* your system performance.
> Try it and see.  [My set-of-the-pants guess is that it will have only
> a minimal effect, but I may well be wrong.]
>
> --
Thanks, I have no more rtc requests for a higher setting now in my
logs.  I use ports/net/nvnet as my net work driver and here is some
info on what it is doing.

hw.nv_pollinterval: 1000
dev.nv.0.%desc: NVIDIA nForce MCP2 Networking Adapter
dev.nv.0.%driver: nv
dev.nv.0.%location: slot=4 function=0 handle=\_SB_.PCI0.MMAC
dev.nv.0.%pnpinfo: vendor=0x10de device=0x0066 subvendor=0x1695
subdevice=0x1000 class=0x020000
dev.nv.0.%parent: pci0
dev.nv.0.wake: 0
dev.miibus.0.%parent: nv0