FreeBSD on IBM Blade Center?

Thomas Linton th.linton at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 07:41:06 PST 2005

I tried to boot a 6.0 Installation CD on a HS20 Blade. I always get "can't load 'kernel'" from the cdloader. If I type "lsdev" it shows me no "cd devices"; a "ls" brings "open '/' failed:.." and the LED of the cdrom-drive stays dark.
The BladeCenter is using a USB-CDROM and I think this is actually the problem of booting a Blade from a freeBSD CD. Did you try a Network-Based installation? How far did you come with your installation?