Postfix / Fetchmail Question

Nagilum freebsd at nagilum.org
Sun Aug 21 19:40:47 GMT 2005

Graham Bentley wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>There are a couple of things that I would like to achieve with my
>running Fetchmail / Postfix combo ;
>
>1) When a mail comes in for a specific local user it is immediately
>forwarded to another external address.
>
>This is for when some staff work from home occasionally
>
>I have goofed about with sender_canonical but I suspect this is more
>to do with re-writing the headers /addresses etc although I am
>probably getting all this round my neck a bit and getting bogged down
>in reading!

Why not just put a .forward (containing the dest. address) file in the
users home?

>2) Is it possible to have a copy of all in / out mail sent to the
>boss's email box ?
>
>I have filled out 'aliases' and run newaliases for email that is for
>non user account (for example we have mail at ourdomain.com and
>enquiries at ourdomain.com)

There are several ways to achieve that, if the account is aliased
through /etc/aliases, just add another account to the recipient list:
boss:   bro at company.com,me at company.com
If the account is the final destination of several adresses you might
want to have a look at procmail.
But be sure to tell him, otherwise it might be illegal.