Monitor Tuning

Chris chris at childeric.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Aug 15 18:43:31 GMT 2005

> On Friday, 12 August 2005 at 15:52:13 -0400, Sean wrote:
>
>>My display is not very sharp and I was looking for a few tips that might
>>help to cure things. I tweeked a few things and no luck. Still a soft
>>dull image. Little annoying on the eyes.
>>
>>Is anyone running a NEC Multisync XV17+ with an Nvidia 6500 ultra and
>>getting a sharp display?
>>
>>Excerpts from my xorg.conf will give you my monitor and graphics card.

There is an online guide at

http://www.nec-mitsubishi.com/coremedia/download/76118/MSXV17+-UsersGuide-english-german-spanish-italian-french.pdf

I made my monitor (a different make) sharper with a Convergance control
which I think makes the red blue and green electron streams land at the
same point on the screen. There is a reference to convergance in the
guide but only in reference to de-gaussing. Still that might help if you
haven't already done it.

Chris