Browser ?

Nikolas Britton nikolas.britton at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 11:42:40 GMT 2005

On 8/12/05, Nikolas Britton <nikolas.britton at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/11/05, Carstea Catalin <carstea.catalin at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I don't want x server and kde but i want a good browser to downlod my
> email
> >
> > from mail box (gmail). Can u help me how ( ori what browser to use)?
>
> Try using Links, I'm posting this message right now from Links (in
> text mode) and all the gmail features seem to be working, kinda cool
> even. In Links remember to go into setup and setup the "Terminal
> Options"... You want VT100 Frames and check the Color box too. Links
> also supports X11 display...
>
> I can't seem to find the spell check option when in Links. hmm...

Things are a bit werrid in both text and x11 modes, like when the
server errors, that will mess you up and have to go back to the inbox
and re-goto the thread but it works, I'm in x11 mode now and that's
much better... try this link:
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?ctx=%67mail&answer=15046

As for those who said use pop3 well the whole point of webmail is that
decentralised and I can login from anywhere in the world with a simple
web browser, you can't do that what pop3 or imap.