Disabling Erratic Eraser Mouse on Armada 7400

linguae at lycos.com linguae at lycos.com
Sat Aug 6 08:02:16 GMT 2005

Hello.  I have a Compaq Armada 7400 laptop with FreeBSD 5.4 and X.Org 6.8.2 installed.  My laptop has one of those "eraser head" laptop mice, and it isn't working very well.  It conflicts with the PS/2 mouse that I have attached (since they both use the PS/2 port) and whenever I start X11, the cursor randomly moves and clicks things.

Is there a way to disable the "eraser head" mouse on the laptop under FreeBSD?  Thanks in advance. ----------------------------------------------
An Apple a day keeps the doctor away.
Proud supporter of UNIX-based operating systems.