firefox doesn't show up

Trey Sizemore trey at fastmail.fm
Tue Apr 26 16:10:27 PDT 2005

On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 00:40:43 -0800
Ben Munat <bent at munat.com> wrote:

> Did you try running it from the command line? That way you can see if
> it prints errors when it fails.

My Firefox will no longer work as a normal user (no page loads and
buttons are unresponsive), although it does as root.  Starting from the
command line produces the following output (both as root and my normal
user account):

trey at salamander~> firefox
LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library /usr/compat/linux/usr/
local/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/Browser/intellinux/nppdf.so [Shared object
"libc.so.6" not found, required by "nppdf.so"] *** Failed to load
overlay chrome://useragentswitcher/content/menu.xul

Any ideas on how to fix this?

--
Cheers,
Trey

we will invent new lullabies, new songs, new acts of love,
we will cry over things we used to laugh &
our new wisdom will bring tears to eyes of gentile
creatures from other planets who were afraid of us till then &
in the end a summer with wild winds &
new friends will be.

FreeBSD 5.3-STABLE i386 i386 GENERIC
 7:08PM  up 22:32, 1 user, load averages: 0.34, 0.26, 0.34