Connecting to the Internet

Broming plutonium zhangzhaoxi2003 at yahoo.ca
Mon Apr 25 16:07:38 PDT 2005

Hello everyone...for the first time.

 I have two computers. I very recently installed FreeBSD on my first computer because the operating system it used to have, Microsoft Windows, was infected by so many viruses that my computer took a million years to open a program.

I've only had 2 days of experience with FreeBSD, so I don't know anything about it. How do I connect it to the Internet using Ethernet? My computer seemed to be telling me it had three network interfaces. I'm guessing that the ones called plip0 and ppp0 are all wrong; sl0 is the right one.

FreeBSD tries to establish an Internet connection on plip0 every time it boots. How do I change that to sl0?  How do I tell it to "tell DHCP server to assign IP address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx on subnet mask xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx USING the sl0 network interface?

What do I have to do to establish an Internet connection? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!