Installing FreeBSD -> Fatal trap 12

nicholaserho nicholaserho at ownage.ca
Sat Apr 23 20:46:33 PDT 2005

Hello, I am trying to install FreeBSD from floppies on a 486-DX-33, and with
the three floppies I made I cant get to the boot menu screen (with the devil)
but if I attempt to boot I get a "Fatal trap 12: page fault while in kernal
mode" error. The same error happens if I try safe mode except my system
restart. What can I do to fix this so I can install FreeBSD?

Exact Error Message:
Fatal Trap 12: page fault while in kernal mode
fault virtual address   = 0x409b341b
falut code              = supervisor read, page not present
instuction pointer      = 0x8:0xc066c17d
stack pointer           = 0x10:0xc1021c10
frame pointer           = 0x10:0xc1021c10
code segment            = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
                        = DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags        = resume, IOPL = 0
current process         = 0 ()
trap number             = 12
panic: page fault
Uptime: 1s