GMail Users Blocked by Spamcop

Chris racerx at makeworld.com
Fri Apr 22 05:55:37 PDT 2005

Shantanoo wrote:
> On 4/22/05, tomasq at tampabay.rr.com <tomasq at tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
>
>>I would like to bring it to the attention of the mailing list as a
>>final act of desperation that GMail users have been blacklisted by
>>SpamCop apparently. It also seems the FreeBSD Project utilizes SpamCop
>>as part of their filtering process.
>>
>>I appeal to all those reading this concerned for the community to
>>strongly urge FreeBSD to either circumvent this particular blacklist,
>>or to urge SpamCop directly to remove their unnesscessary blacklisting.
>>
>>I feel it is ridiculous to black the masses which utilize such a
>>useful email service as GMail.
>>
>>Thank You,
>>
>>Tomas Quintero
>>tomasq at gmail.com
>

> If this mail reaches, then freebsd's server isn't blocking gmail :)
>
> Shantanoo

In addition to what Shantanoo said, on a personal note - if Gmail gets
blocked - that has to tell you something about the client el they have.
Not all, but a large percentage.

Unfortunate as it seems, when ever email is offered free of charge, it
attracts users that are content in doing the things on the Internet that
most of us decent folks hate.

You know the saying, you get what you pay for... Personally, I could
care less if Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, and any others like them never get
removed from the spam lists.

--
Best regards,
Chris