just got DSL, can't surf or get mail

Brian John brianjohn at fusemail.com
Sun Apr 3 13:51:48 PDT 2005

Hello, I just got an xDSL system.  In Windows I can browse the internet
and do whatever I want just fine.  However, in FreeBSD the only things
that work are my p2p programs.  Azureus and amule work fine, they both
connect and download.  However, when I try to use dillo, Firefox or
Thunderbird they always timeout when trying to access the net.  Does
anyone have any idea what I can do to fix this?  I had cable internet
before and it worked fine.  The DSL modem is hooked up to the computer
through Ethernet.

Thanks

/Brian