Webmin - ssh - 4.11

Graham North graham.north at telus.net
Sun Apr 3 13:48:59 PDT 2005

Hello:
I just installed Webmin - great program.

Q - the telnet/ssh portion does not seem to work properly.   It opens an
ssh window for me but the window is unresponsive.
It is configured for ssh instead of telnet, and I have port 22 open on
my router.   I am able to ssh into my server using Putty from Windows so
my sshd is working fine.   Webmin  says that it has opened a connection
but then just presents me with an unresponsive cursor, no prompts for
username or password (maybe Wemin took care of that?)  no feedback or
response to keystrokes.

Has anyone used this feature of Webmin ? had similar problems?  Resolved?

Extra note - this webmin only seems to have config options up to 4.10 -
and therefore I entered that as the version number (for 4.11) - not
sure  whether that would make a difference?

Cheers,
Graham/
Vancouver, Canada