5.3 auto starting NFS by error

bob at a1poweruser.com bob at a1poweruser.com
Sat Apr 2 18:25:42 PST 2005

I think your missing the whole point. It's not suppose to be doing
this.  This is a release build error. In the 4.x releases the kernel
had NFS support complied into the default kernel, but when you have
no NFS statements in rc.conf those tasks in question are not auto
spawned.  Why would this behavior be changed in 5.3 to one that
consumes resources. It has to be a mistake.

If what you assert is true then when doing a source update to 5.3
why does these nfs tasks not auto spawn there.

You assertion that its designed to work that way it just plain silly
and only means you know not what you talk about.

Time to submit another bug report so maybe its gets fixed in 5.4