ATI AGP card and Xorg

Robert Storey y2kbug at ms25.hinet.net
Thu Sep 16 17:25:25 PDT 2004

One thing you could try is editing /etc/X11/xorg.conf and substituting
"vesa" for "ati". It's not an ideal solution, but the vesa driver often
works when nothing else will. You might want to take a look at
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/doc/README.ati, and list all video drivers in
/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/.

regards,
Robert