5.2.1, installed Mozilla -- X reverses background colors when used!!

epilogue epilogue at allstream.net
Fri Oct 29 16:09:38 PDT 2004

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 15:30:43 -0700 (PDT)
Bill Schoolcraft <bill at wiliweld.com> wrote:

> At Fri, 29 Oct 2004 it looks like epilogue composed:
>
> > On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 12:59:52 -0700 (PDT)
> > Bill Schoolcraft <runfreebsd at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > > At Fri, 29 Oct 2004 it looks like Volker Eckert composed:

> > > I may go and install 4.10 and see what happens.  4.10 failed to
> > > install when the installation kernel hit the parallel port...
> > > Install/Kernel just wedged shut.
> >
> > have you considered installing moz via packages?
>
> Hmm, actually no.  I was always feeling pretty safe using the
> "ports" system.  Aren't they the same packages?

it would be a quick way to test a binary that is 'supposed' to work.
pehaps, you compiled your port with strange options (on the CLI or via
make.conf or even pkgtools.conf)

fwiw, trying a pkg is probably easier than reinstalling your system.

also, you might want cause the problem again, then check your /var/logs
to see if anything interesting shows up in either Xorg.0.log,
console.log, messages.log...