Dlink-g520 Wireless and WEP

scott renna flexble2547 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 22 20:21:37 PDT 2004

So,

Thanks to a fellow list member I got my 5.2.1 System
to see my Dlink card.  The trouble now I'm having
involves setting up WEP.  I am currently running WEP
on a Netgear Wireless router 802.11b.  The Dlink does
802.11b/g. Here's what I'm running into when turning
on WEP.  The router has a 26 character string for
128-bit WEP that I created via a passphrase.  Windows
takes it and works well wirelessly but when I
configure my card, here's wha t happens on BSD:

 ifconfig ath0 192.168.2.175 netmask 255.255.255.0
ssid SSID_NAME wepmode on wepkey
0xyxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ifconfig: ioctl (SIOCAIFADDR): File exists

Assume the first 0x means hex and the rest is the key
name.  Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
scotty