remote logon

Glenn Sieb ges at wingfoot.org
Fri Oct 22 19:28:19 PDT 2004

Hey Brad!

(I redirected this to -questions.. IIRC that's more the proper venue..)

Brad said the following on 10/22/2004 9:32 PM:

>I just completed install of 5.2.1 and am trying to logon remotely via SSH and keep getting access
>denied.
>
>My password is correct, because I can log onto the box directly.

Just a guess... are you logging in as root? If not, try looking at
/etc/ssh/sshd_config

look for:

PasswordAuthentication yes

And, you might want to check man sshd_config for other handy options :)

Best,
Glenn

          ~Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759