Dell Dimension 2400/Netgear WG311 more info

Matt Schwartz mschwartz at netcinergy.com
Tue Oct 19 15:56:59 PDT 2004

I am hoping somebody can help me out.  I have a Dell Dimension 2400 and I
installed a Netgear WG311 card in it.  It has the Atheros chipset and will
work with the ath driver.  However, I cannot get it to work.  I am using
FreeBSD 5.2.1 and I have compiled a kernel adding the following lines:

device ath

device ath_hal

However, after the new kernel is installed and I restart the machine, it
does not find the card.  I have verified this with an ifconfig -a statement.

A dmesg statement revealed this:

pci1: <ACPI PCI bus> on pcib1

pci1: <simple comms> at device 4.0 (no driver attached)

pci1: <network> at device 5.0 (no driver attached)

Any help would be appreciated.

Matt