Marked as Broken - where next?

Donald J. O'Neill donaldj1066 at fastmail.fm
Sun Nov 28 19:26:40 PST 2004

On Sunday 28 November 2004 05:20 pm, Graham Bentley wrote:
>  Hi All,
>
>  I was follwing this tutorial http://www.bsdnews.org/01/vcd.php
>
>  but was halted abruptly when the build of transcode required
>  mpeg4ip - which is marked as broken (Im running 5.3)
>
>  So, I thought I would take a look at AcidRIP out of curiosity to
>  see if it could help make a VCD but got ;
>
>  p5-ExtUtils-PkgConfig-1.05 is marked as broken: Configure fails
>
>  Being a bit of a video / freebsd newbie I am at a loss as to
>  where to go next or indeed interpret what the above is telling
>  me. Any help / advice would be appreciated.
>
>  Thanks

from /usr/ports/UPDATING:
20041111:
  AFFECTS: users of audio/faad, multimedia/mpeg4ip
  AUTHOR: lioux at FreeBSD.org

  mpeg4ip has been updated and broken down into 2 separate ports:
  mpeg4ip and mpeg4ip-libmp4v2. Furthermore, mpeg4ip now depends
  on faad. Moreover, faad now depends on mpeg4ip-libmp4v2 rather
  than on mpeg4ip which avoids a cyclic dependency (mpeg4ip depends
  on faad which depends on mpeg4ip).

  If any of the old ports are installed, mpeg4ip will not compile.
  Therefore,

  1) Remove old faad and mpeg4ip ports which conflict with new
  mpeg4ip

  pkg_delete -f /var/db/pkg/mpeg4ip*
  pkg_delete -f /var/db/pkg/faad*

  2) Install faad, mpeg4ip and mpeg4ip-libmp4v2 in the following
  order

  cd /usr/ports/multimedia/mpeg4ip-libmp4v2 && make install clean
  cd /usr/ports/audio/faad && make install clean
  cd /usr/ports/multimedia/mpeg4ip && make install clean

You may have to cvsup your ports tree.  v 1.46 mpeg4ip Makefile
isn't marked as broken.

Don
--
Donald J. O'Neill