Marked as Broken - where next?

Manuel Rabade Garcia mig at mig-29.net
Sun Nov 28 16:33:12 PST 2004

> On Sun, Nov 28, 2004 at 11:20:30PM +0000, Graham Bentley wrote:
> >
> >  Hi All,
> >
> >  I was follwing this tutorial http://www.bsdnews.org/01/vcd.php
> >
> >  but was halted abruptly when the build of transcode required
> >  mpeg4ip - which is marked as broken (Im running 5.3)
> >
> >  So, I thought I would take a look at AcidRIP out of curiosity to
> >  see if it could help make a VCD but got ;
> >
> >  p5-ExtUtils-PkgConfig-1.05 is marked as broken: Configure fails
> >
> >  Being a bit of a video / freebsd newbie I am at a loss as to
> >  where to go next or indeed interpret what the above is telling
> >  me. Any help / advice would be appreciated.

mencvcd (included in mplayer) is a shell script that uses vcdimager,
cdrdao, mjpegtools and other stuff to create and burn a vcd from any
format that mplayer can play.

I was working in a separated port for it (because it have a lot of
dependencies besides the mplayer ones) and a little patching (change the
shell from sh to bash), but is also included in the current mplayer port
(under /usr/local/share/mplayer/tools/), I can send you what I have done
for an easy install :)

Greetings.

--
Manuel Rabade Garcia