Updating packages list (using cvsup?)

RW list-freebsd-2004 at morbius.sent.com
Fri Nov 26 07:24:17 PST 2004

On Friday 26 November 2004 14:22, Olaf Greve wrote:
> Hi Thomas (and others),
>
> First off: thanks a lot for your answer, this is indeed what I was
>
> looking for...

I should also install portupgrade if I were you, it make managing ports a lot
easier.

It also has the -P  and -PP options  (and corresponding per port settings
in  /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf) which are useful for combining ports and
packages. For example a full KDE upgrade from ports takes me 3 days, but by
allowing portupgrade to install some of the less-important kde components
from fully up-to-date packages, I cut that down to one day.