reading a dos cdrom with .pdf files.

Gary Kline kline at tao.thought.org
Fri Nov 19 16:28:48 PST 2004

	People,

	I have several CDROMS all of which seem to be DOS type.

	At first I tried the disc in my CD player.  Nope; then
	in one of my 5.3 machines using mount_msdosfs.  (probably
	with the wrong flags, I admit.) As a last resort  I put the
	disc in my RH-8 platform intended to reboot into W2K. But
	a cup of coffee later I find that Red Hat had already popped
	up a window with the title of the disc and that it is a
	1.1MB pdf file.  I doubt this CDROM is a an ISO-9660
	(or whatever).   But it's nice that  RH knew automagically
	what to do with it and to pop up  the pdf reader.

	I know there is the genius in FBSD-land to do this; probably
	just enough not people.  My question is: what are the FBSD
	commands to let me mount this disc and let me read the
	files to be able to point acroread at them?

	tia,

	gary

--
   Gary Kline     kline at thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix