Followup to "moused and 7-button mice"

Kirk Strauser kirk at strauser.com
Mon Nov 8 13:11:38 PST 2004

On Saturday 06 November 2004 11:27, Kirk Strauser wrote:

> [...] moused only seems to pass the first 5 through to X.

I don't know what else to say - I must've been smoking too much crack that
morning.  After a reboot to install new hardware, moused seems in fact to
have started passing those extra button presses on through to X.  I
followed the instructions that I'd written for getting my Debian
workstation to use the extra buttons:

    http://subwiki.honeypot.net/cgi-bin/view/Computing/ExtraMouseButtons

and ended up with a nicely working FreeBSD setup.

Thanks for the advice, everyone.  I'm still not sure why the reboot made a
difference, but everything's good now.
--
Kirk Strauser