Problem with mount_smbfs (not working for me)

Axel S. Gruner axel.gruner at suedfactoring.de
Tue Nov 2 23:39:29 PST 2004

Hi.

I run into a problem with "mount_smbfs".
Trying to mount a SMB-share on a AS/400 from a FreeBSD 4.10 or FreeBSD
5.3-RC1 gives me the error:

mount_smbfs: unable to open connection: syserr = Connection reset by
peer

Well, i dont like Mr. Peer, and, trying to reach the SMB-share via
"smbclient" works perfectly (but i need a mount on my FreeBSD-System, so
thats no choice).

Also if i try to mount the SMB-share from a SuSE Linux Box (with mount
-t smbfs) it will work, as a result, i think the problem is not the
share, it must be "mount_smbfs".

The syntax i tried was:
mount_smbfs -I 10.4.1.222 //qsecadm at 10.4.1.222/sfimages /mnt
also with the FQDN:
mount_smbfs -I suedzwo.suedfac.com //qsecadm at 10.4.1.222/sfimages /mnt

After typing the password, the error message above came up. Thats it.

So, the question is, whats wrong with my syntax, or what could cause the
problem?

On my FreeBSD 4.10 box i also have the following stuff compiled in the
kernel:

options         NETSMB
options         NETSMBCRYPTO
options         LIBMCHAIN