md0: Preloaded image - system hangs on install

Dan Harris fbsd at drivefaster.net
Sun May 16 15:51:59 PDT 2004

Like the subject says.. I'm trying to install 5.2.1-RELEASE on a Compaq
Proliant 6000 (dual Xeon, 1GB RAM, Compaq SCSI RAID).

When booting the CD: It gets to this message:

md0: Preloaded image (/boot/mfsroot) 4423680 bytes at 0xc09e16d8

at this point the system seems to hang with no recourse other than to
restart.

The CD is known good (just installed fine on the box next to it,
different hardware), and this box is currently running another OS
without any problems.  Can anyone explain why this might fail and if I
can do something about it?

-Dan