ep driver does not start on 4.9 and 4.10

doug at safeport.com doug at safeport.com
Sun May 16 15:50:08 PDT 2004

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. I have a Dell Inspiron 7500
(circa 1998) with a 3Com Megahertz card, model 3XXE589ET. On 4.9 and 4.10 the
device is not probed. there do not seem to be any irq or memory conflicts, just
nothing displays under network for boot -c.

Various attempts with ifconfig yield: interface ep does not exist.

It worked okay with 4.7 and works with 5.2.1 except with 5.2.1 XFree86 4.3 goes
into some sort of hard loop. As I use this a workstation when I travel, I am
pretty well snookered.

_____
Douglas Denault
http://www.safeport.com