xterm

Joshua Lokken joshua at twobirds.us
Fri Mar 12 09:51:26 PST 2004

* Gerald S. Stoller <gs_stoller at hotmail.com> [2004-03-12 08:27]:

> >From: "Aaron Peterson" <aaron at alpete.com>
> >To: "Gerald S. Stoller" <gs_stoller at hotmail.com>
> >CC: freebsd-questions at freebsd.org
> >Subject: Re: xterm
> >Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 16:49:34 -0500 (EST)
> >
> >> 	I use  xterm  a lot and I always set the font size to
> >> tiny  which requires (to my current knowledge) an additional
> >> action (this action is particularly reprehensible to me because
> >> it requires that I use both hands, one on the mouse and one on
> >> the keyboard) after the window is opened.  Is there anyway I
> >> can specify this along with the  xterm  invocation, say by
> >> setting an environment variable appropriately?
> >
> >you might check into setting options for xterm in the .Xdefaults file of
> >your home directory...
>   I don't have an  .Xdefaults  file in my home directory nor have I found

For future reference, you can customize alot of your Xapps
via your ~/.Xdefaults file.  If you don't have one:

# touch ~/.Xdefaults

and edit to your heart's content ;)

https://engineering.purdue.edu/ECN/Resources/KnowledgeBase/\
  Docs/20020202104217

--
Joshua

A Vulcan can no sooner be disloyal than he can exist without
breathing.
		-- Kirk, "The Menagerie", stardate 3012.4